Monday, August 21, 2006

City week

G’Day mates! I start to realize that I am getting a bit lazy for producing stories, but I assure you that next week’s story will be awesome. Yep, in 2 days we will hit the road again with my bro’s Marko and Chris and make our furthest trip so far, six hours drive to South… Snowy Mountains watch out! But before that let’s go back one week…

The highlight of the week was without a doubt, when my boss took me to the concert of Australian Chamber Orchestra on Wednesday. My first time ever and I absolutely loved it. I couldn’t talk the whole time, just sat in quiet and stared to the stage. I felt that my whole body was in a different level and I could feel the notes going in deep, all the way to my soul. Yeah, I know this may sound a bit cheesy, but trust me you would have been crying next to me and my boss during Hindemith’s “Trauermusik”.

The week went fast with working and training. On Friday my boss went to a seminar in Gold Coast and I was the first time alone the whole day in the office. It was quite nice to go work with casual clothes and without make-up and have the club-mix channel on =) and I was really productive besides organizing a dinner for ten people later that evening. After finishing at work I went to have a quick shower at home and at eight o’clock Chris picked me up. We met up with the others in Double Bay, restaurant called the Golden Sheaf. The place was really nice with a big terrace area, 3 bars, live music etc. Our group was again really international; Mette (an intern) and her boyfriend (both Danish), Cordula and Joanna (in the picture with me) are from Germany plus some other people, oh yes and Marko and Chris (regulars). From Golden Sheaf we went to one karaoke bar next to Hyde Park, but stayed there max 10mins and moved forward. The next stop was in Oxford Street in a bar called the Gaff. One Austrian girl, Susi, who I met last weekend, was organizing a birthday party for one girl. The place was full of Sydney Uni students and celebration got pretty wild in some point and the guys took me out from dancing on the stage (yep my dear friends the old wild Aino is back ;)) and we jumped in a taxi and headed towards Kings Cross. And again… The Empire! After 2 hours sleep Chris asked me if I would want to go to his parents place in the country and so we did. The day was gorgeous and I sobered my head by the pool. In the afternoon Chris and his brother took me around the neighbourhood and showed me the biggest dam in Australia, which provides all the water in New South Wales area, except the place Chris lives. To that neighbourhood they need to get the water from tank trucks… strange, but true. The rest of the day I was just sleeping, watching a movie and chatting with his parents, who are REALLY nice and friendly!

The next morning after a good and long night sleep I was ready and fresh for Sunday. Chris went to his fire brigade for few hours so I had a good time to get some tan for my milky skin. At mid day I met Julia (intern for Scandinavian Airlines) who finally arrived from Sweden, my new party girl. We had lunch in Darling harbour and after did some shopping and bought some nice tiny dresses for our coming holiday in Cairns ;) After spending too much money we decided to check out one apartment that Julia was deciding to move into. The apartment was located in Cremonre, which is a walking distance from my place. The place was quite nice and after we bargained the rent from 140AUD to 120AUD/week (good to have a man as a landlord ;)) she decided to take it. Later that evening I finally got some rest on the living room couch and watched some CSI with Jules.Millions of kisses to all you far far away… Still thinking about u!

No comments: