Thursday, September 28, 2006

B-B-B-B-B-Birthday!!!

Another year has flown by and my age increased again with one year. Yes, 22 this time my god! Well actually who counts it anyway after 18 ;)

First I want to thank you all for remembering my b-day and a special thank for Pinja who send me the sweetest present. I couldn’t help shedding some tears and I promise you that there will be many more at least as good moments as the ones we had in past… One year to go and then I am back in home-sweet-home, Finland!

The day before my birthday I was feeling a bit depressed and missing you all heaps. I remember my 21st b-day in Helsinki club which was blast when I had all you there, well next year again :) But now when I am looking back my b-day here I really can’t complain. When I woke up and opened my door there was a little present and a cute card on the floor. My Aussie mum had bought me nice little silver jewellery box. I think it was very sweet. When I came to work my colleague Anders came in with my favourite chocolate cake and a singing candle. My boss was having a long weekend, so we had pretty relaxed Monday with A. The cake was so good that I even finished Anders' piece, heheh there goes my diet! The whole day I got many b-day messages and e-mails, and sorry if I didn’t replied to you, but still got them and thanks to all who remembered!

5.30pm we hopped on a train with Anders and headed towards Kings Cross where I had reserved a table. Zaccery’s gourmet pizza place was our destination and really a positive surprise. I had invited only the closest friends; Anders (my colleague), Sarah and Julia (Scandinavian Airlines), Minka and her boyfriend Tomi, Joanna (my ex-colleague), and of course Marko and Chris. Well I did invite my Aussie mum's nephew Christian and one Aussie girl, but they didn't make it that night. The evening was really nice and relaxed. Didn’t want to have any crazy party cuz it was Monday and we will celebrate a big time in our holiday in Port Douglas later this week.

After dinner we did have few cocktails in Zaccery’s and later Marko, Chris and me went to have one in Scuba bar which was full of pack packers and uni students.

The next morning work again and my boss returned from her holiday. She was in surprisingly good mood and came to the office with a huge bouquet of flowers and a present. Even bigger surprise was later when she took me and Anders for a lunch this nice Italian place in North Sydney. I guess holiday did good for her ;)

So eventually I really had a great birthday and actually the parties are just in head of us, because tomorrow we will fly to Port Douglas for 5 days! Great Barrier Reef here I come! And yes, dad I will be careful with sharks and stingrays, will wear +30 sun cream and cover my head :)

About sharks… last weekend it was +30 in Sydney and everybody headed to the beach. There was a shark alarm in Bondi beach. 2 sharks had been seen swimming too close the swimming area, jaiks!!! Luckily I was on a different beach…

Ok, I better go to sleep now so I will be ready for our holiday. Thanks again for all the nice cards and presents. LUV U LOTS <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats hun!!!! Neitsyet rules!!;) Ihanaa taas lueskella kaikkea sun touhuja. Voi hvyvin ja ollaan yhteyksissä! Pusssssss!

-Heininen

Anonymous said...

Aino

HB, be happy and don't let that smile disappear ever from your life!

I miss you...

- Tony

Anonymous said...

Ainooooo!
Mun synttärionnittelu tulee tosi myöhässä mut oikeen paljon onnea!!Toivottavasti meidän paketti pääsi perille :) Eikun juhlimaan viikonloppuna ja pidähän itsestäs huolta misu!!!HALIPUSI ja kaikkea hyvää toivotan!!

- Martina