Thursday, June 22, 2006

First Day @ Work!

Today I started officially my 11 months long internship in the company called Finnesse, Communications, Marketing and PR. As the name already says, it basic functions are in those three fields. Tonight I woke up again 4am and after that I barely could get any sleep. I think Im still suffering from the time difference (which is by the way +8 hours from Holland and +7 hours from Finland). My working hours are from 9am till 5.30pm, including 1 hour lunch break. This morning was also the first time I used public transportation in Sydney. It went ok and I hopped in the right train on the first try =) North Sydney is only 7 minutes with a train from the Central Station, other side the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I felt myself really business like with my adult clothes and everything went great before I almost fell down because of my high heels while rushing across the North Sydney Station. The rest of the trip I took easier and minded my steps… “highheelers” are just not my cup of tea!The office was tinier than I expected and at the moment there is working only 3 people including me, Satu, my boss and 27 years old German girl called Joanna. She is working only 2 days a week, so she is kinda part-time intern. She seemed really nice, too bad that she only works so rarely.Satu is ok, first she seemed to be a little intense, but by the end of the day we got along good. I already was happy about the fact that she really gives me responsible work already from the beginning. Basically the daily work is answering customer calls, e-mails and other requests. Update the media follow-ups related to the customers, planning upcoming projects and some other related things. I will be having my first real business meeting already this coming Friday, when Finnesse is giving presentation for its travel industry clients… really exciting!The day went really quickly and I ate again sushi for lunch. Soon I will probably transform into a fish myself =) But it is just soooooooooooo good! The weather was crap, rainy and cold. The rest of the day I tried to find a room for me from the city. No more hostel-life for me, please!Hyvää Jussia kaikille!!! And the biggest and the furthest congratulations to my lovely dad who is turning today respectfully 70, but still looks not a day older than 50 ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aino,

What a great stories. It's so funny to talk with you, when I think you're on the other side of the world.

I hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself al lot. And don't buy to much, hihi.

I will read your stories on your blog. And I hope to see some pictures of your live in Australia.

Kiss Saskia

Anonymous said...

Hi sweety,

So good to hear that your are doing fine. So strange to hear that you already started your job will I'm still bussy with school. :) But probably there is a reason for that.

I really hope that we will keep in touch. I still feel bad I couldn't come to the airport. I hope your not disappointed but I don't think you are because you are used to the fact that it's hard to make an appointant with me.

I really hope that you will enjoy your stay down under and hope to speak to you soon.

A huge, long and slimmy kiss from your Dutch brother Karim

Anonymous said...

Finnish...sorry:(

Ihanaa kuulla että sulla on kaikki noin mahtavasti!!! Voi vitsi, kuulostaa niin täydelliseltä! Tahtoisin olla siellä sun kanssa.
Sun kämppä kuulostaa niin ihanalta, ihanku Kauniiden ja Rohkeiden lukaalilta, ainiin, sähän oot kaunis ja rohkee:)

Täällä on juhannus ohi ja ollaan just ja just hengissä. Rmj vei kaikki voimat, mutta oli se kyllä sen arvosta.

on ikävä:)