Sunday, July 23, 2006

Summer Im Waiting for you!

I can’t believe that it’s weekend again, days just keep on going by so quickly. The weather has been awful the whole week, heavy rain all day and night long. And I mean REALLY HEAVY! One evening when I left work to go to the gym it wasn’t raining so I left my umbrella to the office and of course when I was going home it was pouring. Honestly I have never ever in my life been so wet! It was so ridiculous and I couldn’t do anything else than laugh… Well few days later I wasn’t laughing any more and I got this flu and I had to skip Friday form work because I was feeling so ill. So there you go!

On Wednesday morning I had my first “Breakfast lecture meeting”. I went there with my colleague, Anders. Tom Burton (former executive editor of the Sydney Morning Herald) was giving a speech about the changes and opportunities of the Australian media. It was pretty interesting and I was really surprised the all the invited people were 20-30 old. I mean I knew that PR industry is relatively young and ruled by young people, but still! I met some interesting people. but as it was time to change business cards I felt a bit awkward and unprofessional because I obviously didn’t have my own business card to give, so I just got a punch of cards in my pocket after I left.

Another funny thing happened to me few days ago as I was on my way to get the mail. I bumped into this old man, called Wayne who I met and started to chat with while I was waiting the train in North Sydney Station 3 weeks ago. He was the one I wrote about earlier, the old man who was offering his time share in the Cold Coast. Anyways, I lost his number when I moved into Julianne’s place, but now I got it again. I think this was meant to happen, destiny!

I really didn’t have any big plans for this weekend. Well I was thinking to have it a bit more relaxed than last weekend. Friday evening I was feeling better so I went movies with Chris (the Aussie guy I met last weekend). First time in my life I saw a movie at first class seats and it was great. The movie wasn’t that spectacular (My super ex-girlfriend), but I enjoyed the free drinks, popcorn and extra comfy seats =) After we picked up Marko from the hostel and had few drinks in Rocks in the same Irish bar we met Chris exactly one week ago.

Saturday morning Marko came to pick me up and we decided to check out the Kirribilly markets. During the weekends there are plenty of outdoor markets, selling food, antiques, art, juwelry, secondhand clothes etc. You can find basically anything there in fair price. We did the whole North Sydney walk and walked that day probably 10 kilmometers. We even walked the Sydney Harbour Bridge which is massive! The weather was great and we enjoyed lunch in Darling Harbour, what else than sushi ;)

Later that night I went to have a dinner with Minka, her boyfriend Tomi and with some of his collegues. We ended up in China Town and had a great meal in Chinese restaurant (surprise). Later we went to one of the clubs in Oxfort Street, called N&N which turned out to be the worst teenager hell that i have been to in a long time. I really didn't feel comfortable queuing there for an hour among all the kids dressed up in their mini tops and tiny skirts. The only way to manage that evening was to get few more drinks ;) Later I took a taxi to Kings Cross and met Chris and Marko in the Empire (which is becoming our regular club). I met so many strange people and most of the time I was hiding from them (after they offered free drinks for me and after I vanished) hehehe… I am such and naughty girl! Well we had to leave around 4am because the bouncer had thrown Marko out because he was feeling a bit tired on the dance floor =) yeah…. what can I say! What a night again!

I forced myself up at eleven because it was such a pretty day and I didn’t want to waste the whole day on sleeping. We decided to take to bus to Manly with Marko and spend the whole day walking on the beach. We also made a promise that we are not going to party for 2 weeks. We will see how that goes =) I really love the lay-back life style here. People gather on the beach during the weekends, go surfing, sailing, scuba, reading magazine on the beach, climbing, having barbi (barbeque), having a nice Sunday walk by the coast line etc. The funniest thing is that you are still able to do all these things, even though it is mid winter here. Manly is the second known beach in Sydney and really popular among the surfers and pack packers. It is just 30mins by bus from the place I live so it is nice to go there every now and then.

So that was the story of the week. I better get to bed now and get a bit more sleep than 5 hours like last night. Greetings to everybody and I still miss you all very mucho! Oh, and Drew congratulations for winning the band contest. I am so proud of you. Everybody go to this website http://www.purevolume.com/maclean/blog and listen the next BIG band from Canada. They will be HUGE! Remember Drew that I am still your biggest fan in Finland!

No comments: