Saturday, July 29, 2006

Come hea!

How are you doing all my sweethearts there far far away? Hope it’s still nice and warm in Europe. Here everything is going good and smoothly, if we just ignore the fact that I had those days again, that I was missing home and all of you guys out there so much that I thought that I wouldn’t make the next 13 months that I still have left here. But luckily I won the battle in my twisted little mind and now I am fine again.

This week work was pretty much ok. Normal stuff, organizing media trips to Scandinavia, writing media coverage reports, dealing with clients. We also had few meetings in our office and on Friday we went up to the city to the office of Scandinavian Airlines and had a chat with the head of the SAS Australia Lars Sørensen about the coming projects. Besides working I have been punishing myself in the gym. I found this new fitness class called body compact, it is a mixture of boxing, kickboxing and screaming which is pretty funny =)

On Friday evening the boys (Chris and Marko) picked me up and we went to have a dinner in Cremonre, some yummy Thai. Later we decided to see an Australian movie, called Jindabyne. I really wanted to go to see one Aussie band called Eskimo Joe, which is quite hip at the moment. They were playing in the city, but like usually with my luck the tickets were sold out. The movie was based on a true story and therefore it was interested to see and also because it was Australian. Few years back few men went for fishing trip and found a dead woman in the river in Jindabyne, which is a town in New South Wales. The killer never got caught and he is still out there hunting for the next victim….oooh scary!!! Quite like our Bodom lake story in Finland. After the movie we went for a couple of drinks in the Oaks, which is “the place” in Neutral Bay (where I live). We managed to go home after 2 drinks, impressive, eh?

On Saturday morning I woke up at six and couldn’t get anymore sleep. The day was gorgeous and me and Marko decided to check out the neighbourhood in Watson’s Bay. Manly has been so far my favourite place, but after seeing Watson’s I was hooked. The place is amazing because it is located on a slope and you can see the city with all the skyscrapers and the Harbour Bridge. On the harbour there is one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever eaten called Doyles. We had a lovely lunch with prawns, salmon, on the terrace and it was so warm that it was hard to understand that this is the winter in Sydney. Later that evening I had the family dinner at our place. It was a farewell dinner for Christian (Jules nephew 23) who is going to England to play rugby for 3 weeks in October. Also there was his mother, Jules brother, Trevor and his 2 kids (Sarah 23 and Rob 17). The evening was lovely and food was delicious (Lasagne, Salad, chocolate cake). The whole family is absolutely great and I am so thankful that I can be part of it this 13 months. After the dinner we went to have few drinks with Christian in the city, in a club where his friend works as a bouncer. Such a nice guy and he promised to teach me how to surf… that will be funny =) We managed to leave quite early and I was a good girl again (holding on with our 2 weeks no drunkenness deal). Well it seemed like Marko forgot that and had a quite wild night in the Rocks (surprise) with Chris.

Sunday morning I woke up again too early and took a buss to Watson’s Bay. My plan was to get some colour to my milky skin, but there was too much wind on the beach just to lay there with bikinis. I was already getting bored to be there alone, when just on the right time Chris called me and told me that his brother (who I haven’t ever met before) was cruising with a boat close by and told me to catch up with them. Well I did and got a freaky bumpy ride in the ocean. After the guys dropped me off I headed back home, took a little nap and baked mokkapalat (my special chocolate cake) and watched few episodes of CSI with Jules… and now it’s time to go to bed. Night! Oh, and one more thing. My Aussie accent is improving. I learned that instead of saying here, Aussies pronounced it as hea… so cute ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aino,

Here we're again. Back to Holland. Dennis and I had a great holiday. We had a lot of fun with Dana, Koen, Nitza and Bart.

We rented a car for 2 days, so we have seen a lot more of the island. We also went to a Jungle Park. That was amazing. We went to a show with all kinds of birds. Dennis loved it.

And than we had a great time on the beach. Just have a lot of fun and enjoying the great weather.

Of course I have to buy some new clothes, shoes and a sunglasses.
But Dennis bought a brown watch.

We will send you some pictures to your mail, so you can see how the holiday was in Tenerife.

And we received your card. Thanx.

Lots of kisses from your Dutch family.