Sunday, August 06, 2006

Escape to country

Heya my dear friends! Hope you had as nice week as I did. The whole week at work went quite fast and since Monday I was already looking so much forward the weekend because I knew we would leave Sydney and hit the country. Nothing really special happened during the week at work, except I had to go to the doctor because of my foot. She discovered that I am suffering from Achilles tendon and she told me to stop training for a whole week and that I should stop running for good. What a shock! Well I rested my heel for the weekend, but on Monday I have to go to gym, can’t wait any longer, hehe! Oh, almost forgot... On Tuesday I met one German and two Danish interns who are working here in Sydney as well. Marko joined us as well and we went for Tapas and movies, You, Me and Dupree (!which is hilarious!).

Our weekend trip kicked-off on Friday at 7pm when Chris (the Aussie guy) and Marko picked me up from home. We headed to Chris’ home which is about an hour away from Sydney to South-West. They have a sort of farm, a big house with huge yard, pool, few horses (which were not home) and 2 dogs and a parrot that doesn’t have a name, who almost pooped on my hand while trying to feed him. The night was really relaxed and we just watched some telly and chatted with his mother. We went to bed quite early because the next day we had to woke up early to hit the road.

At eight o’clock we were all up and happily surprised that the weather was nice and sunny. There was no sign of the heavy rain that bothered us the night before so we decided to go horse riding. It was a great fun and after a little struggle I got my horse, Misty to obey me and we even did some galloping =) Markos’ horse was called Polly and that girl was so lazy. We had a good laugh with Chris while watching his struggle to keep her going. An hour session cost 18€ in mountainous country. Definitely going to do it again soon.

After riding we headed to a town called Kiama, which is a small place by the coast. On our way we made a quick stop in one Buddish temple. We had a nice lunch in a cafĂ© and enjoyed the afternoon while walking on the beach. We also went to see a sight called “Blow Hole” which is as the name says a whole in the cliff by the ocean which spits waves from that hole. It was pretty amazing so see the water coming out with such a huge power, even it wasn’t even that windy. It is also a quite dangerous place and many tourists have been sucked in the whole and got killed with the waves when they have reached too close the hole. Luckily they built a fence you are not allowed to cross.

We decided to stay in Kiama that night and rented a bungalow by the sea, a really nice place to stay with friends or family with sleeping places for total of 7 people, Jacuzzi, terrace and BBQ. Our bungalow was called the Friendship and honestly I am so grateful that I met these two guys. We have become extremely close and
have a great fun always together. They make my stay here so
much nicer and it’s also a good to be the only girl, because they kinda spoil me, heheh. So thanks guys you mean world to me!

Later on we ate some Barbie (BBQ) and me and Marko tasted the first time a kangaroo beef (I ate just a one piece), which was surprisingly nice, soft and a bit sweeter compared to another meets. We also got two guests coming over for dinner, Chris’ friend and his 14 years old son, who tried to teach me the rules of rugby and explain the difference with rugby league and rugby union. I must admit that so far I still can’t tell the difference. I also took a long bubble bath (most of you probably knows about my addiction to bubble baths) and enjoyed there with a bottle of red ;)

We also decided to make a quick visit in the local bar, where they got a live band playing. The next morning we hit the road again really early and decided to check out the markets nearby. Believe it or not but they were selling Dutch pancakes and we felt
obligated to eat some, yummy! I bought also a stone turtle to my Aussie mum, because she is really into gardening and I knew she would love it =) After the markets we stopped on our way home in two small villages and ate some Aussie meat pies (which are
really nice by the way). I almost bought a puppy from a pet shop… would have been a nice surprise to Julianne, hehe. They were so extremely cute… irresistible. On our way we stopped again at Chris’ place and his oldest brothers place who lives in Sydney. Such a great weekend, too bad that the time flew so fast and tomorrow it’s Monday again and a new week at work. Well luckily the time seems to fly here anyways and before I notice its weekend again. Luv u all!!! Cha cha…
























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Aino,

Sorry it took so long writing you. But here I am again. What a great stories and lovely pictures. Great to see you horseriding. Quite a shock that you were not able to sport. Hope your feet is better now. Great that you met some new friend, indeed that makes your life in Aussie great.

In Holland everyting ok. It is raining here the whole week. Terrible. Only 3 weeks to go for our holiday. Last week I bought some new clothes. I didn't have anything for holiday!!!!!!! Hehe.

The football at KFC has started, at least the practising. The games will start in the first weekend of september. So Wil and I can watch the first game. I will say hello to all those guys. I'm sure they will remember the Finnish Aino.

We are very busy at Sanoma Men's Magazines. We took over the golfmagazines from another publisher in Holland. So that's good, but it was very the last weeks.

Dennis and Saskia have had a great holiday with Dana, Koen, Nitza and Bart. But you have read that allready.

Last weekend we have had a BBQ with Bert and Annemiek (you know them, our neighbours)in our garden. And really, we didn't make that noise. But at 11 pm the police came!!!!!! We are sure that some other neighbours (same age as we, but they belong in an old people's home)had called the police. We are thinking to move to Finland with all the space!!!!!

Did you read about the planned attacks in Londen? Well, I heard the news in my car, I was really very shocking. But luckily it was only at the airports. Mothers always are very concerned!! Last night Wendy called me to tell that everything was ok with her. She knows her mom.

Now I am going to book a flight to Londen for the second weekend in Oktober to visit Wendy!!!! Fantastic. A few months to go and then your parents and Ainina will come to Australia. That will be a great time.

Dear Aino, again a lot of succes with you work. You can do it. I am proud of my Finnish foster daughter. Have fun in this weekend and say hello to all your friends over there.

Big hugs, dikke kus, from Ankie and Willie as well.

PS: thanks for your postcard. Our postcard is on his way to you.

Bye, bye.