Tuesday, October 31, 2006

.:Another week:.

Hey, hey, hey heard that you got the first snow just now in Helsinki. So now it start, countdown to Christmas. I am counting the days here as well. Today exactly 47 days when my lovely family arrives to Sydney. Really can’t wait!

Last Wednesday was a nice stimulation for my ordinary week, because Julia got some freebies for a premier night of a Norwegian play in Sydney Opera house. For us it was really exciting because neither of us have been inside the building so far. The play “Hospital” was based on the 2nd world war in a hospital, which had no patients, only 3 crazy nurses who spoke some sort of nonsense Icelandic (so no English the whole play, except few sentences). The theme dealt with violence, drug usage and sexual desires and cravings and was partly dancing and partly acting. Overall the play was humorous, but in some points I had to wonder how twisted the director's mind has to be… in nutshell the tree nurses were keeping themselves active by hurting each other or them selves with block of wood, humiliating each other, swigging pills, sexually amusing them selves etc… so it was pretty different from the other plays I have seen so far, but still I found it amusing and rating it 3½ out of 5! After the play we were invited to have a drink and some sushi as it was premier night, but we left home quite early.

The rest of the week went smoothly in the office with Anders and Tracey (the intern who we fired this week). Even though we gave her a second change she didn’t show any sort of reliability or initiative, so after Satu returned from Tokyo we decided to let her go.

This weekend I took really easy compared to last one. On Friday I just stayed at home watching TV with Jules. On Saturday I woke up early and went for a jog, and walk to the city visiting few markets on my way there. I met up with Minka and her boyfriend Tomi and e went to Hyde Park to a food and wine festival. The area was packed with people and little tents (representing all the best restaurants and wine bars in Sydney). All the profit went to charity for AIDS patients. I had a trouble to choose what sort of food I wanted to have, but finally made my mind and ate some fried tofu hassle, which is btw one of my new favourites. Tomi had to work later that day so me and Minka made a little tour in the city and later went to her place to have some barbie and watch a movie “dirty love” <-which was absolutely the worst movie I’ve seen for a long time! Oh, one thing… here people sell puppies and kittens in pet shop and it is such a torture to leave the shop without one… seriously I want to have a puppy! When I return to Finland I will have one (dad I know you agree with me, right?). Sunday I met up with Marko who finally returned from Cairns. I haven’t seen him since our trip together, because he decided to stay in Queensland for a while. He was working few weeks in banana bar and told seen some REAL Aussie country life :) The weather was too cold for beach so we decided to visit the Sydney fish markets and take some lunch and spend the day in one park next to the harbour. The day was not too bad to be Sunday. We had some nice greasy seafood and few bottles of champagne… at 7pm we met up with Chris (who I also haven’t seen for way too many weeks) and finally our super trio was complete again. We ended up going around few bars in Rocks. See a video from that night below (yessssss, I LOVE youtube!!!!) From now on I try to record more videos, because I have got comments from some people that I write too much. You lazy people! But I have to admit that videos are fun :) Cha Cha… new story again next week!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ainokaiseni,

nyt oopperan jalkeen ymmartanet myos serkkusi uutta uravalintaa paremmin...milloinkas taas tavattaisiin skypessa?
t.Sipsu