Tuesday, October 24, 2006

News Down Under

June, July, August, September, October… Four months in total have I been away from you guys. Somehow it feels like ages, but on the other hand days, weeks and months fly so quickly.

Today I woke up as usual 7.40am when my alarm went on; Every step I take, every move I make, every single day, every time I pray ill be missing you… I felt tired, which is probably consequences from the weekend, yes again 2 nights in a row –hard core partying, bad bad! I switched the TV on just in case if I would fall asleep again and kept my eyes closed for 5 more minutes. Funny how much difference can 5 minutes make, but at 7.45am I was ready to stand out from the blankets and get some breakfast. This morning the weather was beautiful, sunny and warm (not like the 5 past days). I took my “breaky” outside to our terrace and sat down for few minutes. From my place the views are sensational. From our garden you can see the whole city with its skyscrapers on the horizon and watching down to the hill you can catch the ferries picking up people to work. I made a bit more effort while choosing my clothes today than usual, because I knew that my boss would leave later tonight to Tokyo for a week and I would be in charge the coming days.

I walk to work every day, which takes around 15 minutes. It is still spring in Sydney and even though the changes between seasons are nothing compared the Nordic countries, I love the blooming trees. My favourite is magnolia (in the picture; jacaranda tree on my daily route to work, which is also really beatiful). This morning I was the first one in. My boss, Satu goes for a run every morning (still don’t understand how she can do it) so she comes in usually after 9am. The first half of my day I was busy with preparing several presentations for Satu for the Tokyo seminar. We had also one girl coming in for an interview for an internship, but she wasn’t really what we were looking for and I think she felt the same way. At noon I have my lunch break and head myself to the gym. An hour lunch break is perfect to spend in spinning class and it gives me more energy for the rest of the day, plus I don’t have to drag myself there again after work! The second half of the day I spent with Satu, by listing the things I need to take care of when she is gone. I am a bit affright hence I have so much responsibility, but on the other hand I feel great because she really trust me and my abilities :)

During that day I also had to make decision whether to give a second chance to our other Aussie intern, who started in our office a week ago, announced to be sick the next day and ever since and the weirdest thing was that on Monday, so yesterday she didn’t show up and contacted us at 1pm!!!! via e-mail stating that she is still very sick, pla pla pla… 1pm!!!So my boss send her an e-mail saying nicely that maybe it's better if we would find another intern etc. But since the other girl we interviewed was even worse, I decided to give her ONE MORE change. But if she doesn’t show up tomorrow, my mother Teresa carrier is history!

So now I just got home, had a chat with my Aussie mum like every night :) Soon Im going to have a shower, cook some dinner and watch TV with her. And maybe later on skype with some of you guys there far away! I really miss you all, and few days ago I felt the worst ever. Even thought everything goes smoothly and nicely here and the other day I am having the best time of my life, the other moment can be so different, sad and harrowing. Today is a good day. Hopefully tomorrow as well :) Love you all very much!

No comments: